Home Forums Australian Racing & Events ACT STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS OCT 2014 Reply To: ACT STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS OCT 2014

alistairking
Participant
Up
Down
::

Hi Leigh

Thanks for taking the time to post this.

I should just make a correction and comment.

It was my brother, Will King, who won in Jervis Bay, not me. He borrowed Dad (David King)’s boat for J.Bay. I had a mixed feeling of pride and annoyance as I saw my brother sail away from me in 2 of the 3 races in J.Bay on his first proper outing on a Weta. In Canberra he was, in fact, sailing his Hobie 16 with his mate, Chris Wild.

I really quite enjoyed the weekend in Canberra, I realise the weather wasn’t to everyone’s liking, but I was able to do one race with each of my older kids (age 6 and 8). They would not have survived the ordeal of J.Bay!! They also were able to do a race with their Grand-dad, so that was fun and we could drop them off to the shore crew when they had had enough. They both really enjoyed it and I want to try to encourage them a bit more as they get older.

I really enjoyed the close quarters of the fleet racing in Canberra too – we seemed a lot more spread out in J.Bay, although with stronger winds that is to be expected, I guess.

Thanks to the organisers and volunteers, too. Without them, these events couldn’t happen.

Alistair