Home Forums Australian Racing & Events Next Weta Regatta

• Creator
    Topic
    miranda21
    Participant

Hi Guys,

What is the next Aussie Weta regatta? Chris is over for the JJ’s next March and I might come over for the F18 nationals late Jan. Just thinking what could we help with/turn up to?

Cheers,

Miranda

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      miranda21
      Participant
      Up
      Down
      ::

Hi Guys,

Check out the NZ WetaFest, would be great to get something like this going in Australia!

Cheers,

Miranda

miranda21
      Participant
      Up
      Down

Hi Leigh,

Cool thanks for the feedback. The South Coast regatta sounds pretty cool, I will ask Glenn about it. Would be good to have another Weta get together!

Cheers

wetaz904
      Participant
      Up
      Down

Hi Miranda,

Hmmm, well it is 963km from Sydney to Melbourne.
      I have travelled to Melbourne for a Worlds regatta that lasted a week.
      So sure, people may travel long distances, but it would have to be an event of some significance I suggest, other than meeting you of course!
      Sound like a terrific opportunity for Colin and his Victorian owners to get together.
      A regatta I usually go to is the Twofold Bay Regatta (South Coast NSW) in February each year. In a previous class I sailed a number of Victorians would also attend. So if we could get four NSW/ACT boats and four Victorians it could be a great Weta event.

Good luck in Melbourne,

Leigh

miranda21
      Participant
      Up
      Down

Hi Leigh,

Yep the F18’s are in Frankston right near where Colin lives. Do you think you guys would travel down to Melbourne for a regatta? Colin has sold a few boats now so there would be some guys to sail with.

Cheers,

Miranda

wetaz904
      Participant
      Up
      Down

Hi Miranda,

Glenn mentioned that Chris would be over in March, so the wheels are turning.
      Are the F18 Nats in Melbourne?
      Be nice if the Victorian owners could organise something while your are there.

Leigh

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.