Home Forums Australian Racing & Events Weta Owners Clinic Canberra YC

Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic
    WETA NSW
    Participant

Hi guys and gals the clinic will be held at the Canberra Yacht Club 22/23rd Feb 2014 Miranda from weta marine NZ will be attending and coaching

Cost is $30.00 a BOAT not per person , there will be training coaching some novelty events and prizes aswell , racing on sunday arvo with the CYC is available . open to all Weta owners

See you there

Glenn

• This topic was modified 9 years, 9 months ago by Paul White.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      WETA NSW
      Participant
      Up
      Down
      ::

cool pic isnt cols PINK genny pretty lol at least you know who’s boat it is !

wetaz904
      Participant
      Up
      Down

Australian Museum in the background.
      hit F5 if image does not appear

WETA NSW
      Participant
      Up
      Down

Hi Guys and ladies same as Leigh thanks to all the owners who made the effort to come to Canberra 10 boats was a great effort and the BIGGEST weta meeting yet in Australia.

Unfortunate the wind didn’t co operate but a good time had by all i think , Canberra is a great location with tonnes of room and good facilities , thanks to all the CYC staff for their assistance aswell.

Looking for the next event/ get together i think we could do the oct 2014 l/weekend at JB again ?

Dont forget hull and boat name stickers available just let me know names and colours and i will get them made and sent to you ,the $ cost when i know what you want i will let you know b4 we make any stickers so theres no surprises
      Glenn

wetaz904
      Participant
      Up
      Down

A great rollup for the Canberra Weta Clinic. The weather did not buy into the program, which was a pity. Although the sail into Central Basin was fun on Sunday.

Thanks to all the travellers for making the journey. It was quite a haul for many of you.

WETA NSW
      Participant
      Up
      Down

Ok GUYS hope evreyone is set for the clinic this w/end as it stands there are at least 8 boats on the way possibly 10 will be the biggest WETA gathering in OZ to date.

Miranda has a great program organised to improve your skills with the WETA and to possibly teach you something new .

Look forward to seeing you all there
      Cheers
      Glenn

wetaz904
      Participant
      Up
      Down

Hi Weta Clinicers!

Been having some nice breeze this month. So hope it will continue over the next couple of weeks. The Canberra Yacht Club has a very attractive outlook and is a nice sailing venue. So, if the wind co-operates, I am sure you will enjoy your weekend in the nation’s capital!

Easy parking and traffic conditions, nice setup and launch area, crime low zone. Modern club facilities re dining, beverages, etc. National Library, National Art Gallery, War Memorial, Parliament House, National Museum plus other interesting sites in close proximity to the sailing club. So non-sailors can also have an interesting day out if they choose.

Lot more water out there than most would appreciate. Cruisers could loiter down to the Governor-Generals house.

Plenty to see and do in an interesting location.

Enjoy Canberra!

Leigh
      Wetaz #904

WETA NSW
      Participant
      Up
      Down

Hi everybody how are we all well its 2 weeks to the clinic and im just after some numbers if your intending to come coould you please let me know thanks guys

Glenn Weta NSW

WETA NSW
      Participant
      Up
      Down

Hi Guys how are we all ? was in Canberra today with Leigh looking at the ACT YC its a very well set up location plenty of shade, great launching, tonnes of space for rigging , I think its going to be a cracking spot for the Clinic .

I also looked at accomadation and the one i think i will stay at is the Alivio Tourist Park Canberra in a 2 b/r cabin as i have to share with Miranda i think , the cabins sleep 5 ppl i queen bed with ensuite and 2x bunks in the other room its CHEAPER to book online and the fri/sat nights are available at the moment for 22/23 Feb if anyone wants both nights .and its only 4 Ks away from the club

Look them up online and have a look see for your selves we have 6 boats at the moment id love to see 10 for the clinic ! It will be a good w/end im sure
      Glenn

wetaz904
      Participant
      Up
      Down

Great News Glenn. Glad to hear the Vic boats are coming up.
      Look forward to it.

I’ll have some Weta T-Shirts for sale if anyone is interested.

WETA NSW
      Participant
      Up
      Down

Hi guys 7 boats for ACT so far 3x nsw ,1x ACT , 3 X VIC looks like its going to be a good clinic so come along and get some expert tips from Team Weta Marine NZ .

glenn

WETA NSW
      Participant
      Up
      Down

Hi guys there are 4 of us so far for the clinic GEOFF , GEOFF, Glenn & leigh i think + Miranda from NZ so jump on board guys this is a clinic for YOU and will be a fun w/end

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.